3 February 2009
6 Ways to make exercise easier
We all know how good exercise can make us feel and look and yet sometimes, motivating yourself to go to the gym or go for a run can be impossibly hard.
So here are 6 tips that will make working out easier. No more excuses.
1. Do focus on how good you'll feel by the end of the workout. Don't focus on the effort your workout will require.
2. Work quickly, work hard...then relax.
3. Know yourself. Have a variety of options including tough workouts which progress when you're feeling energetic, and easier workouts for maintaining fitness when you have less energy.
4. If you don't feel like exercising, don't just do nothing. Try something new like walk into a class at the gym that's about to start and go for it or walk for 30 mins at a good pace or go swimming. Just do something.
5. Get competitive. Set targets for yourself and focus on trying to beat them. Stick your progress chart on the fridge door and take pride in what you've achieved week to week.
6. Have company and make exercise fun with friends rather than a solo slog all the time. Games in the park, jogging buddy, walking with friends.
To read more fitness tips like this, visit the Women's Fitness website.