12 June 2012

Exercise Motivation: Whatever the Weather

It's June but in London it hasn't stopped raining for about 3 days.  It's been really hard to get out to exercise - it's just not what you want to do when the weather is like this.


So I've been finding new ways to try and make exercise more appealing.  Today's trick was the 'challenge of the 5s'.  I decided that the only way to get my exercise done today was to get it over with quickly.  So here's what I did:

  • Cycle to the Park as fast as I could = 5 miles
  • Run around the Park as fast as I could = 5 miles
  • Cycle home as fast as I could (or as fast as traffic would allow me to by this time) = 5 miles



Result = 90 minutes of exercise focusing on the clock and not the rain.


Job done - time to stay dry for the rest of the day.


Moral of the story.  If there's something putting you off exercising today, find an easy way to distract yourself and then just get on with it.



1 comment:

  1. Ah, I crept slowly to this blog thinking it was going to be a real hard slog of difficult exercises to follow. But yes, I have a bike and can do that. So thanks as I'm gonna have a go.

    ReplyDelete