Here's My Top 5 Best Breakfasts to have when you want to get your day off to a healthy start and keep the pounds off. Choose one each day - not all!
What to Eat.....
1. 2/3 pieces of fruit chopped up and a large spoonful of fat free plain yogurt on top. Sprinkle some nuts and seeds on top.
2. Scrambled Eggs on wholemeal or granary toast. One slice of toast and no butter needed. Add handful of sauted mushrooms or tomato to the side to bulk it up.
3. Porridge made with fat free milk or water with a handful of berries - strawberries, blackberries or blueberries - on top and a sprinkling of nuts and seeds.
4. Grapefruit and Muesli. The muesli may be filling on it's own but the grapefruit on the side is a great source of Vit C to kick start your day. (check the label for amount of salt and sugar in it - go for healthiest, organic brand you can buy. With fat free or 2% milk.
5. Boiled eggs or Poached eggs on toast. Again, no butter needed on the wholemeal toast. Add the mushrooms or tomato to the side as with the scrambled eggs.
What to Drink...
Green tea would be an ideal hot drink to have if you're serious about your diet and a cup of hot water and a slice of lemon if you are deadly serious. Otherwise, if you are going to have coffee, make it small, black, no sugar. And with tea, not too much milk and no sugar.
Look out for My Top 5 Best Lunches next week.
Find Instant Feelgood on Facebook
Follow Instant Feelgood on Twitter
Visit Instant Feelgood website
Photograph by Zyada (Flickr)