26 January 2010

Are You Heading For Burn Out Part 2

A couple of years ago I wrote a post, Are You Heading For Burn Out.


It was about taking breaks to recharge your batteries and nourish your mind and body, and it was prompted by a snowboarding trip that I took, but almost didn't take, because I was worried about the work I was leaving behind.


I've just come back from another snowboarding trip and was reminded of the post.  I re-read it and was amazed at how different my state of mind was leading up to this trip.  


The trip itself was every bit as fantastic as the previous one but I had none of the anxiety about taking a few days out from my regular routine.  And that's because my regular routine is much better than it used to be.  


The last trip made me think about how I run my schedule, what I can delegate and how I prioritise.  I acted on these thoughts when I returned and now I can go away for trips like this without worry.  


It was really great to have the opportunity to review how things have changed for the better because, in a busy routine, it's all too easy to get caught up in what you're doing and not realise that life is continually getting better.  


So, here's the next installment of snowboard wisdom:


1) As I said in the previous post, never skip vacation time


2) When you've made time for your mind to be creative, act quickly on the new thoughts you generate


3) Highlight regular events in your life and use them to review your progress.  Vacations are ideal for this but you can do it weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually, or preferably all of the above.  However you do it, keep track of how life is shaping up and take action to ensure you're moving forwards as quickly as you want to be with everything that matters to you.




Find Instant Feelgood on Facebook

Follow Instant Feelgood on Twitter


Photo by Gatto Ashutto (Flickr)




1 comment:

  1. Found your blog today and LOVE it! I think it will inspire me to get up and move. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete