Want to get rid of it? I'll show you two exercises to start doing today and you should do them every day to start getting toned up results. Say good bye to overhang.
Wikipedia defines a muffin top as follows:
"Muffin-top" is a term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging flesh when it spills over the waistline of trousers or skirt in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing."
But not so funny for anyone suffering from any unwanted wobbly bits in this area. So here's what to do to make sure that any muffins you eat don't turn into muffin top.
- Lie on your side with the top half of your body propped up on your forearm
- Lift your hips to create a straight line from your feet to your shoulders
- Hold this position by tightening the whole of your abdominal area
- Breath deeply as you hold and relax when you feel the position beginning to drop
- Repeat for 5 holds on one side and then repeat on the other side
Pullover with crunch
- Lie face up with your knees bent and your feet flat
- Hold a water bottle (full!) or some weights in your hands keeping your abs tight so your back doesn't arch
- Lift the water bottle up above you and then squeeze your abs to lift your shoulders off the floor
- Lower to the start position and repeat 15 times
As with the exercise I posted to help you get a small waist, keeping up with some high intensity cardio is also vital to accompany these moves.
Cardio - One challenge you could try today is to pick a piece of cardio equipment and warm up for 4 minutes before increasing the intensity every minute until you have to stop. Try cycling, treadmill or if you can't get to the gym, skipping will work well too. This is challenging but it is a really great way to boost your fitness fast.
Part 2 will be posted this later this week...if you can't wait till then, try some of the other fast burn, fast tone exercises included the 7 Day Fitness, Food and Relaxation Guide which I'm giving away this month on the blog. To get your copy, sign up on the form at the top of the page and the programme will be sent to you pronto.